Tags

, , , , , , ,

It’s almost time to start implementing the cryptographic stuff I did with VB.NET as a C++ project.
The general idea’s the same – import objects from the Crypto++ library into the code instead of writing whatever algorithm from scratch (the Caesar Cipher task being an exception). The compiled program would then directly use the operating system components instead of an interpreter, which means other stuff could be added in later to make the application more secure. It’s just a question of whether I could get away with using Crypto++ for the Cryptology module assessments.

As well as borrowing a copy of Cryptology Unlocked (maybe the most accessible academic book on the subject), I’ve had a couple of breakthroughs of sorts recently. The first is I’ve finally managed to create a working XOR encryption program, although it still has a problem with formatting (will be fixed soon). You’ll find this on the SourceForge page.
After several hours of searching, I’ve also found documentation for libcrypto and sample code to point us in the right direction – at /usr/share/doc/libcrypto++-doc, and online here.

Advertisements